Friday, March 25, 2011

Just Curious...

...having a very thoughtful night...listening to some great Hans Zimmer music from the Inception soundtrack.  People that say instrumental music is meaningless for the lack of words couldn't be more wrong.  Sounds, chords, combinations of instruments can indeed provoke an array of emotions and thoughts...it's very powerful.

Now my thoughts...I'm wondering what I do for this world...what am I doing that is selfless?  Do I do everything for myself?  After having an end to a busy week, I'm wondering if all that I have accomplished actually means anything to anyone...and I don't mean that in terms of wanting to get recognition or feedback - but seriously, what could I do to be a more positive influence on those around me?  And furthermore, who could really use my help?  And what kind of help would that be?  And would the help that I provide be completely selfless - not wanting anything in return...not in even the smallest form.

I suppose I could find the answers by looking to photography - what things grab my attention and scream for me to take a photo?  What I've found - the details that are overlooked - that is where I find beauty and that is what I feel the urge to capture and share.  So maybe in life - I need to look closer...something might be right in front of me that could use my help...something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Not you too... go here for a true Hans Zimmer fanatic. :)

    http://www.stuckincustoms.com/

    If you want to know about being selfless go here. And, take from it what you can.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/26/world/asia/26refugees.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&adxnnl=1&emc=tha22&adxnnlx=1301130760-IJ67KF9Tugbssaeik7pQ9A

    ReplyDelete